The following part describes the work performed in the bathroom.
First step was to remove the toilet bowl which shows that a raised platform was made which I presume the reason was that the boat came deeper over the years in the water and if the toilet bowl is not raised it might overflow.
I found behind the toilet a hole in the wall to the kitchen cabinet which is a mystery for me and since I do not see the use for it will be closed.
The hole was made nice and square and a piece of marine plywood with veneer was inserted and glued in place.
The loose panels against the hull were removed actually all which could be removed was removed this include lamps and electrical wiring. All the walls were than cleaned and varnish removed till the original wood then all wood was sanded to get the original deep color came back.
Over the years due to the influence of the sun the inside of the boat has been discolored and looks yellow by removing the varnish and sanding the wood again the original deep dark color is returning.
The wall above the sink had so many holes that it would be impossible to close them all with plugs and still have a satisfying result.
To get a satisfying result thin, 4 mm, marine plywood with mahogany veneer was placed against the wall with contact cement.
The same situation was noticed under the hand wash sink where were a lot of old holes between the engine space and the bathroom.
Those holes were first closed with wooden plugs actually all holes were closed since I decided to make new holes for the water supply and the sink drain, this way be able to follow my own route of piping.
Also at this position a new 4 mm mahogany veneer wall was placed in front of the original wall with contact cement.
To make the new transversal walls matching with the side wall against the cabin also here were new plywood with mahogany veneer installed to make walls around the sink matching.
All the walls and all the wood of the bathroom were sanded to original wood and varnished with a two component varnish, several coats were used to get the deep rich color back of the original installed wood.
The grating of the floor was taken apart and all the pieces sanded and then rebuilt again.
The grating was protected with Owatrol D1.
Owatrol D2 is not used in this case since it will make the wood slippery.
The GRP shower pan under the grating was cleaned sanded and was coated with two layers of two component white epoxy paint.
A new panel was installed with switches and gauge for the level of the potable water tanks and the starting of the potable water pump.
Due to new rules and regulations it was decided to change from the original toilet to a so called chemical toilet. Since the space is relatively small first a template was made to find out if the unit would fit.
At one point when all is finished with the installed toilet and required accessories for the bathroom this page will be updated with pictures.